Masungi Georeserve & Entry Regulations
The Masungi Georeserve is a conservation area of tropical karst mountains tucked in the rainforests of Rizal, about 50 km east of Manila.
Masungi’s name is derived from the word masungki, which translates to spiked – a description for the sprawling limestone landscape found within. The discovery trail allows guests to go through the conservation area and get close to the karst terrain. The trek lasts for three to four hours and may be shortened or lengthened depending on the guest’s preference and capacity. A park ranger escorts guests through the trek providing a deeper understanding of the area. Wander through the pathways for an encounter with wildlife and plant species. Climb the rocks and cross hanging bridges. Enjoy light snacks before exiting the trail. Learn more about the history of the place introducing you to a community rich with heritage and life.
The Philippines has opened the borders for the entry of foreign tourists:
Fully vaccinated nationals of non-visa required countries are allowed to enter the Philippines. A total of 157 countries are considered visa free, including the United States, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Canada, UK, Malaysia and Singapore.
- Arriving tourists are required to present a passport valid for at least 6 months, and the required proof of vaccination against Covid-19. Accepted proof of vaccination include World Health Organization International Certificates of Vaccination and Prophylaxis, VaxCertPH, or national/state digital certificate of the foreign government which has accepted VaxCertPH under a reciprocal arrangement unless otherwise permitted by the IATF-MEID.
- Additionally, arriving passengers must submit a negative RT-PCR test valid for 48 hours prior to departure from country of origin.
- Those fully vaccinated are no longer required to undergo facility-based quarantine, but shall self-monitor for 7 days.
- Unvaccinated, partially vaccinated, and those whose vaccination status cannot be confirmed shall undergo the required quarantine protocols as implemented by the Bureau of Quarantine and the local government units.
- Minors are exempted from providing proof of vaccination.