Victoria Falls Adventure
Dubbed Africa’s adventure capital, the town of Victoria Falls is undeniably a bucket-list destination and an excellent base for exploring the Victoria Falls.
Forming part of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the Victoria Falls are set on the Zambezi River and create a border between Zambia and Zimbabwe. The falls plummet 108m into the gorge below and span approximately 1,7km across. About 550 million litres of water flow over Victoria Falls per minute.
One of our best-recommended adventure activities is white water rafting on the Zambezi River. This is arguably one of the most exciting river rafting experiences in the world! The river boasts at least eighteen rapids, some of which are officially defined as “Grade 5” by the British Canoe Union, thus providing some of the best white water rafting experiences in the world.
Other adventure activities well-worth experiencing include bungee jumping from the Victoria Falls Bridge, a bridge swing, zip-lining, and a visit to Livingstone Island and swimming in the Devil’s Pool.
All land borders to Zimbabwe are now open and the current travel regulations in relation to COVID-19 are as follows:
- All travellers to Zimbabwe require proof of vaccination as well as a negative PCR test taken within 48hrs of their departure for Zimbabwe.
- Anyone recording a temperature equal to or higher than 38°C will be tested for COVID-19 at their own expense.
- Curfew was amended from midnight (00:00hrs) to 05:30hrs.
- Restaurants & bars can now operate from 08:00hrs – 22:00hrs and are only open to fully vaccinated individuals.
- The wearing of face masks on public transport and in public places remains mandatory.
- On leaving Zimbabwe, you must submit a negative COVID-19 PCR certificate, issued no more than 48 hours prior to boarding your flight.
- Travellers who test positive on arrival, will then be required to go into local isolation for 10 days. Isolation is at the traveller’s own expense.
- After isolation, travellers will need to be re-examined before they are permitted to travel home or on to their next destination.