In an unexpected move, Cambodia has suddenly opened its doors to vaccinated travellers without any quarantine – with immediate effect.
The country’s Prime Minister, Mr. Hun Sen, made the announcement on social media after Cambodia has endured a lengthy quarantine for more than 18 months. “After seeing that people have two doses and a negative Covid19 test, they will be allowed to travel all over the Kingdom of Cambodia,” he said.
Cambodia has already vaccinated about 90% of its population of approximately 16 million people, which is one of Asia’s highest inoculation rates.
Bangkok Airways also announced the resumption of its flight between Bangkok and Phnom Penh, depending on government approval. It is scheduled from 1st December 2021 on days 1,3, 5 & 7:
- BKK-PNH PG931 08:50-10:05
- PNH-BKK PG932 10:55-12:10
Get there soon and explore the magnificent ancient temples of Angkor without the crowds!
Requirements for travel to Cambodia:
- Visa applications must be made prior to departure to Cambodia, as the Royal Government of Cambodia does not yet allow Visa on Arrival. Or apply online via the official government website.
- Passengers who have been fully vaccinated should have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate and a COVID-19-free certificate (PCR test) 72 hours prior to arrival in Cambodia, recognised by the health authority of the host country or the last host country before leaving for Cambodia.
- Rapid antigen test upon arrival and wait for roughly 20min for the result. With a negative test result passengers can travel everywhere within the country.
Unvaccinated travelers will still be quarantined for 14 days.
Note: Since the entry requirements in our destinations change almost daily, we recommend that you keep yourself up to date with the latest developments on a regular basis.