Sustainable Family Trail
Our newly created 2 days, 1 night Sustainable Family Trail is the ideal tour for families to appreciate the nature. culture and wildlife of Laos in an eco-friendly way. Accommodation is at the picturesque Nam Khan Eco Lodge, surrounded by the Nam Khan River on three sides.
DAY 1 | LUANG PRABANG – NAM KHAN ECO LODGE
Tune out and get a taste of tranquillity at Nam Khan Ecolodge. At 2.45 pm, we embark on a 15-minute drive to this organic farm and riverfront resort hugged by stunning natural scenery. Upon arrival, we will be welcomed with a home-made drink and check-in, with some time to sink into our serene surroundings. In the late afternoon, we learn to cook like a local and join one of the chefs on a culinary journey from farm to harvest and onto the plate. After cooking up a storm in the kitchen, we feast on the fruits of our labour and have the rest of the day to relax in the soothing sound of nature. Connect with nature and get a flavour of local life.
DAY 2 | NAM KHAN ECO LODGE
With a strong emphasis on ethology, Ms. Saita, our instructor of today with over 25 years of experience, will guide your children through a one-hour horseback riding activity with respect for the horses and their natural behaviour to gain their confidence in harmony. After check out, enjoy a family tubing session on the Nam Khan River, a must-do activity in Laos! Lunch is served at the restaurant and the rest of the afternoon is free at leisure.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Several activities can be booked upon arrival at the reception, such as a bamboo weaving workshop, yoga and Chi Kung classes, massages or a visit of the local village or of the organic farm.
- Horseback riding: Lessons are suitable for beginners and advanced riders. They are given in English, French or Lao language every morning and late afternoon so that the horses can rest during the day due to the high temperatures. The weight restriction is 55 kg.
- Nam Khan Eco Lodge qualifies as “Stay Eco-friendly” according to our internal hotel assessment
- Explorer Tents can accommodate two adults and one extra bed for one child
- Nam Khan Suite can accommodate two adults and two extra beds for two children
Pictures credit: Nam Khan Eco Lodge