Orangutan Island & Langkawi Entry
Orangutan Island is located at Bukit Merah, in the state of Perak Malaysia. The centre is a rehabilitation and conservation centre of 35 acres just for orangutans and also operates as a nursery and research centre.
Orangutan Island is a global eco-tourism destination. Since its inception in 2000, Orangutan Island has progressed from being a sanctuary, where visitors experienced first-hand awareness and education on the orangutan, to a recognized ex-situ conservation facility and referral centre for the endangered Bornean orangutan.
The island is nestled within the idyllic setting of Bukit Merah Laketown Resort, an eco-friendly 7000-acre freshwater lakeside vacation getaway in Semanggol, Perak.
Currently there are around 20 orangutans here, of different life stages.
Latest travel bubble advice for Langkawi Island:
- All entry into Langkawi Island is to be via air only, either via KLIA or fly direct into Langkawi (currently there are no direct flights)
- Travelers are to be fully vaccinated, minimum 14 days after the second vaccination dose or 28 days after one dose depending on the type of vaccine
- Children below 18 are allowed to travel together with their parents/guardian, who are fully vaccinated
- Travelers must have a travel insurance coverage of minimum USD 80,000 including coverage for Covid-19 for their full stay in Malaysia
- Travelers in transit at KLIA – 1 at Kuala Lumpur are required to go through various procedures including the downloading of the tracing app (MySejahtera)
- It is compulsory to book a travel package for a minimum of three to seven days from a company registered and license under the Ministry of Tourism and Culture (MOTAC).
- Minimum stay in Langkawi is 3 days
- Travelers who stay in Langkawi for at least 7 days can opt to continue their trip to other destinations within Malaysia
- On the 8th day, Travelers are allowed to travel domestically via air or sea + land under the following conditions:
- RT – PCR covid-19 test is negative on day 8 or 72 hours before leaving Langkawi Island
- Travel to areas declared under enhanced movement control order (EMCO) is prohibited
Vaccines approved by Malaysia Ministry of Health:
- Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech)
- COVID-19AstraZeneca (Oxford-AstraZeneca)
- CoronaVac (Sinovac)
- Convidecia (CanSino)
- COVID-19Janssen (Johnson&Johnson)
- Covilo (Sinopham)
- Spikevax (Moderna)
Currently, all countries are eligible for this travel bubble arrangement EXCEPT for the following high risk countries:
EUROPE: Russian Federation, Poland, Ukraine, Czechia / Czech Republic, Romania, Georgia, Belarus, Slovakia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Guernsey
AMERICA: Martinique, Guyana, Saint Kits and Nevis
Above image: BSBCC